Monday, May 13, 2013

Cedar Point & Mother's Day weekend

This weekend was a pretty great one.
Minus the fact that it went entirely to quickly!

On Friday and Saturday, Kev and I headed up to Cedar Point with a couple of our friends Scott and Jordan who had hooked us up with quite the deal.

Friday was an OSU alumni day, and I'll just say that we completely lucked out with the weather and had a great time.
The park was only open to OSU alumni and their friends and family.
I was pretty sure there would be quite a few people there since OSU is a big school and lots of people who went there still live in the state, but it wasn't busy at all!
The longest line was 20 minutes long, and that was for the brand new ride, GateKeeper!
 



Needless to say we definitely felt spoiled and going back the following day, which was also opening day, was rough because the lines and amount of people were now huge!
It was also freezing, so we did not stay long that day.
Honestly, we stayed long enough for Kev and Scott to ride the Gate Keeper one more time thanks to the ticket Scott won on Friday.
The ticket took them literally to the very front of a four and half hour waiting line.
Did I mention the four and half hour waiting line had formed in the 20 minutes the park was open?
Crazy right!? I'd really hate to hear how long people ended up waiting by the middle of the afternoon!

Since Saturday was a bit chilly Jason and Danielle hosted a bonfire and we played a couple board games.
If you guys have never played The Game of Things you really need too, it's hilarious!

With Sunday being Mother's Day Kev and I headed down to take his mom and sister out to eat.
It was nice to get to spend some time with them, and get a chance to relax a bit.
I didn't get to see my mom on Mother's Day so I showed some love via social media by sharing this gem on Instagram (follow me: here)
Mom and me :)
She's about my age here, and I can only hope to be as great of a mother as she is someday :)
 The rest of the evening was spent chillin' and watching Game of Thrones.
I really can't get enough of that show. So good.

How was your Mother's Day weekend?

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

Katie said...

How fun!!! I love cedar point and haven't been in forever!! I had no idea they had an osu alumni day. That's so cool!

osmr said...

I still can't figure out why my hair looks like that. Where did that come from? I don't ever recall styling my hair in any curls. LOL! Gads...I'm so old! LOL!

Jackie said...

I;ve never been to Cedar Point, but I am such a fan of rollercoasters, so I've always wanted to go. Not many of my friends do rollercoasters though :(

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover