Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happiness List




I decided to join the fun and link up with Jenni for her "Blog Everyday in May" challenge.

For the last couple of days I've been a bit grumpy and when I saw today's topic was about happiness I thought it'd be a nice reminder for myself that  I have a whole bunch of things to be happy about.
Day 14 Topic: Ten things that make you really happy

1) Kevin, of course.
He makes me the happiest in the whole world! 
 

2) Snuggling with my mutt man, Gunner.
I've come to find unmeasurable comfort in feeling the weight of my 70+ pound dog squeezing in as close as possible to me
 
3) My friends & family.
These people have given me a truly blessed life.
I can't be anything but happy when I think about them.
  
4) Anything Harry Potter.
From the beginning this series has drawn me in and taken me to the creative areas of my mind.
Growing up with Harry & the gang actually taught me things, and inspired me to be adventurous, stand up for myself, be who I am and learn from it.

5) Food!
Super generic I know, but I can't really think of many foods that I won't smile about when I've taken a bite.
Plus I'm blessed to have a hot meal, everyday, at every meal time.
  
6) Adventures/Traveling
Anything that broadens my life, thoughts, overall world  makes me feel like a better person and in turn I am happy.

7) Hiking with Kev.
This ties into doing something new, but we've also gotten to go to really beautiful places.
The absolute beauty of nature just overwhelms me but it's a wonderful feeling taking it all in.

8) Outdoor concerts/jamming out in the car with the windows down.
Losing yourself in a song by a good artist while feeling the wind and sun on your skin is one of the best happy feelings ever.

9) Thunderstorms.
The smell, the sound, the renewal.
Nothing else like it. 
 
10) Adrenaline rushes.
Now I'm not extreme sports person or anything, but I've realized that anything gets my heart pounding also gets me smiling!
Skydiving, roller coasters, zipling, etc...it's all great!

What makes you happy?

Happy Tuesday! 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Fun....those are all great

Jackie said...

I love thunderstorms too. Believe it or not, I like them at night (as long as they don't get severe)...the rain is soothing to me

Meghan said...

Love thunderstorms!

osmr said...

I also love thunderstorms! Especially those that don't require me to run after outdoor cushions and furniture. Ha! Sleep during a thunderstorm is the best!!!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover