Friday, February 1, 2013

The Nail Files: Caviar!

Good morning and happy Friday!

Whew, this week has kind of kicked my butt.
The weather in Ohio has literally been all over the place...66 on Wednesday, down to 27 yesterday, and now 12 this morning.
Needless to say I've been having some pretty thumping headaches and been a little sluggish.

 Despite crazy Ohio weather, I will not get down because today I'm linking up with Tara to show off my fun new mani.



Remember last week I told you I was going to take on a new nail endeavor for me? Well I did, and it ended up being new for my nail tech too!

My sister got me the Caviar Mini Bar by Ciate at Sephora for Christmas!

 I chose to use the pink polish and the blue, red, and gold caviar!
It is gold, it looks silver, but if you look closely...it's gold.

I wasn't sure if my nail girl would be up for this task since it seems a little bit messy but she was all about it!
She'd watched a YouTube video on how to do it and had been wanting to try.
 I just love being a guinea pig :)

Anyways, we tried it out and I think it turned out great, and it's something new and fun to do!

It's a little strange at first, but you get use to it.

My only word of caution is that the caviar's will fall off, mine have started to around the edges of the nail.
Nothing major, you can't really tell but it won't remain perfect, especially if you are rough on your hands like me.

I'm excited to try the other colors and beads and I'm interesting in seeing what kind of designs you could come up with.

After this round I'll determine if it's something better to do on my own in between manicures or just have them to it.
I have a feeling it will be the first option, but we will see!

What do you guys think?
Do you like it, or is it too weird?

Happy Friday :)

11 comments:

Shana Jane said...

OMG it looks like sprinkles , I Love!!!

2justByou said...

I like it! But it's a bummer that they will fall off a bit. =(
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Jordan said...

I like it except it makes me crave ice cream like no other! So cute.

Unknown said...

I like it! I got some ciate for Christmas too but still haven't been brave enough to try them out yet.

BRB said...

Hi Megan, found you through the Nail Files link up. I've never seen that polish line before. Those colors, and your mani, are super cute!

Happy Friday,

Kali
Kali Now Living

Kimberlee said...

Oooh interesting... looks like little candy! Not sure I'd want it on all of my nails but maybe as accent like you did.

Buffy Goosev, AKA: Momma Goose said...

Love it! I am definitely gonna try it! Beautiful colors! :)

Unknown said...

love the pink nails!:)

tara said...

so awesome! i definitely need to try this!

Martina said...

I absolutely love your nail color!

Saralyn said...

super cute! so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)

Saralyn

www.studiomaisonblog.us

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover