Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Away

Good morning everyone. 

Did everyone have a fabulous weekend? 

I did :) 

Kev and I went to Cincinnati with my parents. 
The ultimate reason for the Reds game, but of course it was also to spend some time hanging out together. 

 I actually like the drive through Cincinnati. 

There are all kinds of neat buildings and bridges. It's scenic for a city

 We stayed in the Marriott on the River. 

The view from the room wasn't to shabby. 
If you look close you can see The Great American Ballpark across the river :) 

One of Kev and I's favorite places to go when down in the Cincinnati is the Hofbrauhaus in Newport.
My parents had never been there so of course we had to take them!
We decided it was a great place to grab some lunch before the game :)

Since the hotel was just across the river from the ball park we took the bridge :)
So convenient. 

We had some balllller seats for the game. 
Right down the first base line!
I'm not even a baseball fan and I know that's good!
Thanks dad, and dad's company :) 


 Luckily for the most part it was sunny, and not to hot. 
Ok, it was hot...but it's been worse. 
We also got some rain, but again, it's been worse.
Watching Chapman close out the game!
I think we got to see like 4...maybe 5 different pitchers. 

 After the game we hit up Joe's Crab Shack.
We don't have a very good one (yes, there is only one) in the Cbus area, and we've found this one to be very good! 
Since Kev and I get crab we got these bibs. 
If this isn't fate I'm not sure what is?!?
We unwrapped them and this is what they said...granted we had to switch, he had queen, and I had king.
Hmmmm....maybe that's a an even bigger sign?

The next morning we decided to head over to the Newport Aquarium before heading home. 
I really enjoy a good aquarium and the Newport is very good! 
I love all the colors, and I suppose in a strange way the smell.
I think I was just meant to be around water as much as possible :)


 Watching the "shark show"
It was just an informational dive. 
 Sweet Pea - the girl. 

 Scooter - the boy! 
They have one of the only Shark Ray breeding programs anywhere!

 Denver the turtle :)


 Mighty Mike!
This guy was HUGE! He's like 14 feet long. 
Luckily it's mostly tail =/

 Love this guy. 
What are youuuu lookin' at?

 Jellies



The penguins were my favorite. 

It was a really good weekend. Both home and away :) 
I always find it nice when Kev and I can get away from a weekend, even if it's just to another city in Ohio! 
Traveling with the hubs is one of my favorite things to do! 

What did you do this weekend? Anything fun?

Happy Monday!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Christy Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I just had the same weekend as you 2 weeks ago! I went to visit my best friend in Cincinnati and we went to a Reds game and the Newport Aquarium! I had so much fun! Glad to see you did too!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Great pictures!! I like Cincinnati too! And P.S. Penguins are my favorite too! :)

The Management said...

I love the crab bibs. So perfect!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover