Thursday, May 10, 2012

Simple

Good morning lovies! 

Today I'm going to link up with Classic + Glam Blog for their new feature Simple Pleasures and Alycia's newer feature tid & bits.
 
Every time I hear or say the words "tids & bits" I think of The Other Sister.
Don't you love that movie?

So, off to life's small things :)
Classic Glam Blog


1) Feeding the birds. 
 
I'm not a huge fan of birds, but during the spring, summer, and fall I feed them. 
Why? I enjoy watching them I suppose and they are nice to listen to when have the windows open or we are on the back porch.
Can I tell you that every time I fill that up I get a little nervous that this Red-Winged Black Bird that hangs out close by is going to attack me. They are mean and I'm pretty sure it's nest is in a near by tree. 

 Thanks to said feeder we got a sweet picture for my Photo-a-day challenge and it just so happens to be said black bird!

2) Cuddling up with this guy.
 Gunner seems to think he is a much smaller dog than what he is because he just lays on top of you. Really he'll lay wherever he wants, but I love that he's a cuddle bug! 

3) Watching the storm.
On Monday we got to watch an awesome storm roll in and let loose at our friend Kyle's house. 
Watching storms is one of my favorite things to do. 
It's pretty and humbling. 

4) New Cheesy Potato Recipes!
 Last night we made dinner with Jason and Danielle and when asking what we should have Danielle suggested these. Oh my I thought I'd died and went to potato heaven. They were delicious and I already know that I'll be making them many times. 
My favorite part? They are made on the grill, and they have bacon and cheese. Enough said right?
 Recipe found here: Three-Cheese Potatoes



Photobucket


Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

The Management said...

Our family dog on the farms, Jet, is the same way about laying on people. I swear he thinks that he is a lap dog... only he's a giant.

poptartyogini said...

I love watching storms too. Especially in the summer and especially when they're violent. It makes me feel so small and humbled by nature. And now I'm all caught up!

Kelsey said...

Thanks for sharing that recipe - I just pinned it! :)

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said...

Thanks so linking up, girl!
I love your simple pleasures! I especially agree on watching a storm/rain- so relaxing and is most definitely a little pleasure!

Best,
C&G

Kaitlyn B said...

Those cheesy potatoes look amazing!! Definitely going to have to try :)

Candice said...

I have a thing about birds too. I always feels so silly but I just hate the way they flap around me lol
Love your puppy and his cute name!!!

Ashley said...

Ooh.... I love watching storms too! One of my favorite things to do!

oh, and I am following you on instagram now. My username is ashdiane1224 :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

what kind of dog do you have?! :) We are in the market for one, and hes adorable!

Lissa @ her + him said...

i LOOOVE storms! (and cheesy potatoes!) i think we'd get along just fine :)

found you via the tid+bits link up xo

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover