Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home is wherever I'm with you


Last night Kev and I, along with Jason and Danielle went to the Edward Sharpe concert! 

I'm sure many of you are familiar with their song Home or Janglin' - this one is from a couple commercials.
lyrics from Home

I hadn't really heard many of their songs, other than the popular ones, and I can say that tonight I'll be downloading their CD's, including the one they just released on Tuesday - Here (that's the name of the album, not a "click here" type of link lol).

I love his voice, and I love that their style is a little different and varies from song to song. Well... maybe I should say that all their songs are a little folk like but the beats change and it's not the same sound over and over like some bands do. 






Yeah I realize these are all kind of the same picture, but I was trying to catch all the colors of the lights and of course with a crappy phone camera taking the pictures they didn't come out the greatest. 

 This was my favorite song they played last night that I hadn't heard yet. 
He's saying Om Nashi Me, which apparently he just made up (I researched what it meant).
It was a really great concert and I would definitely say if you have the chance to go see them do it! You won't be disappointed.

Happy Thursday!




Photobucket

5 comments:

The Hopewell House said...

How fun! I've wanted to see them in concert, but didn't get a chance to this time around. Maybe next time :)

poptartyogini said...

I have not seen a live concert in so long. I used to go with my sister before we were old boring and married. We can't go out on the weekdays any more. I'll have to check this band out. I love music!

Christy Ashley said...

Ooooh I had never heard of them but I'll definitely be listening! Awesome! Sounds like a fun night at the show!

Laynah said...

Very fun! There is something magical about listening to music live in a crowd. Helps when it's good music.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Also, loving your blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover