Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ides of March

No not the movie you silly (although it wasn't terrible)! It's the month! Who else can't believe it's March 2012 already, 3 months deep into what I felt like I called yesterday the "new year". Color me surprised that I feel as if time is flying though?!

March seems like a random month, but can I tell you it's one of my favorites? March is that time of year when things to start to warm up. Granted that's not completely the case this year since winter wasn't very wintery. I guess we will see if March still brings spring or if Mother Nature is just going to hate us all and dump 3 feet of snow. I can remember in high school almost dreading March because it meant track season. The cold part of track season! Now, even though I still don't like the cold I completely welcome March!


Second favorite part. It houses one of my all time favorite holidays. That's right, St. Patty's Day! I partially blame this on my Irish roots. My mom is part Irish on her mom's side. I will bet any and all of you that my Grandma could out drink you! Of course, the other part is the drinking & having fun with friends!
Source: google.co.in via Megan on Pinterest

 I've made it a point to take the day off for St. Patrick's Day and celebrate. It's the one day that I allow myself my favorite drink, an Irish Car Bomb.
Irish Car Bomb!
It's also been a day when I've had some of these best times with my best friends! What isn't there to love about that!

St. Patty's Day 2010

St. Patty's Day 2011
St. Patty's Day 2011. We were sad we had "shake weight" cups.

We will be heading down to the Short North area this year. Probaly going to be fighting off the crowds since it's a Saturday this year! I'm so excited :)

What are your plans for St. Patty's Day?

Happy Thursday & Happy March!

Photobucket

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover