Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pinterest Cookies

 

It's true...and it's not a craft like you are all expecting! However, a craft is on the way don't you worry. It's cookies! REALLY GOOD cookies :)

I decided yesterday that I was in a baking mood, which happens every so often. I think I should mention that I'm a prettttyyy good baker. Kev's the cook & I'm the baker. Perfect pair to open a restuarant wouldn't you say.

I came across these bad boys after what I'm sure was a nightmarish long amount of time on Pinterest. They looked so good and I knew one day that I would make them! I mean come on, sweet & salty! Who can't resist that?

The cookies weren't that hard to make, but it should be noted before you start the dough has to sit for an hour. So if you come home after work and a grocery shopping trip, it's probably not the best time to start in on these...just sayin'.
3 of the greatest dessert elements ever!
 1) The dry goods: Sifted flour, baking soda, and salt






2) The sugars (white & light brown)  & the butter (@ room temp)





3) Blend that together until fluffy (2-3 mins)





4) Eggs & vanilla are to be added (slowly) after the sugar & butter are fluffed!






5) The end result of all the beating...





Check it - new hand mixer.
Did I mention that I was messy baker...
Left: The batter with the dry goods added. Middle: Dough with the chocolate & P.B chips, & pretzels. Right: Dough in the fridge for an hour!

After an hour the cookies are ready for baking. Just put the dough balls on the cookie sheet with about 2 inches in between each other. I also smooched the dough balls down a little bit per the author's suggestion (it worked!).


Add some sea salt to the tops, and throw them in the oven at 350 degree for 10 mins.


Mine patches took a little longer than 10 mins...about 15 mins actually.



They turned out perfect! See...

Perfect!
The cookies have been a hit this morning with the co-workers...I'm thinking I should have actually made more. If you give this one a try I hope you like them as much as I do!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try these!

Summer-Raye said...

YOU go girl!

My GFC was down all week and didn't accept your join. Please come back and refollow sweetness!

Summer-Raye

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover