Monday, November 7, 2011

Grandma Glady

Today I'm dedicating this post to an amazing woman, my Grandma Glady.

This past Monday, Halloween, my phone rang and it was my dad. Mind you it was like 7 something in the morning. Him calling me that early isn't that weird but at the same time I just felt it. I knew what he was going to say, that Grandma had passed away. It was something that I had been preparing myself for, but when the time came it didn't matter. I cried and thought of my family and of course of Grandma.

My grandma was an incredible woman for so many reasons. I feel as if everyone says that about their grandparents, especially when they pass. Ladies & gents my grandma is the real deal, a really amazing person. A person that you and I always strive to be.

There are many things that I admired about her but a few big things pop to my mind right away. Her grace & poise, her role as wife, mother, and grandmother, and she was a very giving person both in charity & just time.

Something that was mentioned several times this weekend at her viewings & funeral were how she was always gracefully & poised. She really was. I never saw grandma lose her cool. I think my favorite thing about this though that even when you were wrong and she wanted you to know that she did it in a graceful way.

Her and my grandpa had an amazing relationship. There was never any doubt in my mind that they had found their true love. I can only pray that Kevin and I share that kind of relationship! So far, so good. Kev is an amazing husband and best friend. I couldn't ask for more! She was also an amazing mother and grandmother. She showed her love. There was never a question we all came first to her.
My grandparents.
My dad & grandma. She thought she was so silly sticking her tongue out...even that little bit!
little me & grandma.
She was also an extremely giving woman! Not only did she care about her family but she cared about her community, as did my grandpa! They did many things to help the community and never expected to get anything back in return. They not only gave to charity but they gave their time whenever anyone needed it. If you needed someone to talk to, you knew that she was there to listen to you. There was no judgement, just a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and some good advice. Really whether you wanted to hear it or not.

There is joy knowing she is not suffering and is reunited with my grandpa. My grandma will be greatly missed by her family! I miss her so much already.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover