Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest: It's time to Organize!

google
So I decided to use today's How Pinteresting to get some organization ideas into my head, and hopefully into my kitchen (mainly) and some other areas of the house. Our house still currently looks like Bed, Bath, and Beyond threw up all over it, and I'm in need to getting some of the organization strategy & execution under way.

Can I pause for a mintue and just say I have no idea why lately I've started talking like a movie military character. I've been using words like operation, strategy, execution, over & out....WTH!

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. The issue I seem to be having is one, we have to much stuff & not enough storage. I need to figure out some ways to organize those big, bulk, pots & pans in order to utilize more cabinet space. Kev & I have plans to re-do the kitchen someday, but that day, is not today...or anytime within the next several months. Of course though we've gotten some decor items I want to display & that is going to mean finishing up the spare bedrooms, changing around the living room a bit to accommodate the new. Move out the old, and finally get all the pictures up and the photo wall started. I have big ambitions for my home people. So without further adieu...lets Pinterest this...


I really like this idea to use in the bathroom. I have some little baskets in there now, but they aren't enough, and I have to many small little things. This tend to get messy and then I can't find what I need. This is something that I can do pretty easily too, and could to multiple of in a short amount of time is always good in my book!

Source: None via Megan on Pinterest

Sticking to the bathroom. Our toilet is in a little "closet" just like this one, and I'm digging the shelving. I've known I've wanted to do some shelves in there for awhile. Just to spice things up a bit and use for storage for towels.I think something like this would be perfect. I think hubby is going to have a good time with some of the little projects I'm hoping he'll do for me :) What do ya think Kev?

Source: thekitchn.com via Megan on Pinterest

 Moving onto the kitchen...bathroom, kitchen..I know it's appropriate. Moving on. I am in desperate need of storage in my kitchen space. I'd really like to do some seriously renovation in the kitchen and really it's one of the first rooms I'd like to tackle. I like the idea of adding some little drawers at the bottom of the cabinets like this. There are things that I don't use often enough to take up the space it does, and I like it for pans & other slim things. It doesn't take up to much space so why the heck not try it.

Source: kitchens.com via Megan on Pinterest

The pots & pans is definitely my biggest organizational pain point. I just couldn't figure out what to do with them. I guess that we will try one thing at a time. I'm praying this works though! I fell in love with this the second I saw it. Mainly because I think it could actually work for what we have! It looks easy enough, just some roll bars. I just like the idea of being able to organize all the pots & pans as well as the lids. Lids are a pain the the butt if you ask me, but we need them...or so they say.


I like this idea, even for maybe more than measuring cups. I've always wondered how I could possible organize those little suckers. They just seem to slip & slide everywhere, or overflow an organizer.  It also seems like a good way to keep the measurement units, the numbers always seem to rub off on the ones I have/get then I have no idea what measure I'm using. Explains my cooking doesn't it!

Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest

To slightly mimic the organization of pots & pans I need to somehow organize things like my casserole dishes and new baking pans I got. I like this simple addition of shelves that are more fitting. It seems easy enough.

Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest
 I think doing some hanging baskets in the kitchen would be an excellent addition as we don't have a ton of counter space. Anything I can get off of that counter is a good thing :) I'm not sure I'd do ones that didn't have a solid bottom though...just in case. 


This would be a great way for me to organize our files & what not but still have a cute piece to display. We need a little bit of a home-r space upstairs in the loft area so I think I'd really like to find something along these lines. I need a chest of some kind. Maybe I can go to some estate sale..or maybe I can just ask Kev to be handy again. However, I'd like to find one of those old, worn, chests. Can anyone hook a sista up?



This would be amazing in our garage! It's suppose to be two cars, but our two cars...no way. It's gets pretty messy pretty quickly but there is a lot of stuff in there that we hardly ever use...if ever. It'd be nice to get it up and out of the way. Also, protected from spideys...EW EW EW they are everywhere right now...and big...EW EW EW. 

Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest

I like this but, I'm not sure I'd do it all the way around the couch. I need some additional display space around the house. It just so happens that our couch sits in the middle of a room like this not blocked by any walls. I might have it be not so wide because I don't think I'd really be displaying books, but art pieces and pictures.

These are just a few of the many ideas I have found and liked...these are probably just my favorites. If you have any organization tips, tricks, or helpful websites let me know! I'm going to need all the help I can get. 

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I like this post! Especially because everything you posted is definitely do-able in your house. I'm always up for some vintage store shopping to get that chest you want and I'm always up to help organize your stuff with you! Holla atcha girl lol

Danielle said...

over and out!

lol

Holly said...

Love these organization ideas! I need to execute some of these in my house :) I agree pots and pans and lids are a pain. We have a small kitchen, so I need all the help I can get in organizing it to best utilize the space we do have. Thanks for sharing these ideas!

bubbletoes said...

Wow! I love all these Megan! The baskets on the wall are pretty and functional. Ive actually done this and placed tiles on the bottom of the largest one so nothing falls through. Great ideas!!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover