Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge: Day 7




Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

Today's Topic: Fall recipes

So I mentioned before the fall food & drinks is something that I look forward too. Because it is! I love it. Of course I always love food, but I particularly enjoy "cold weather" foods. You know what I mean, hot, hearty...you know comfort food...soul food as some would say.  

I think it can be said, and could be an understatement that I do not cook. At least usually. I'd like to think that I can, and I know that I have some recipes that Kev loves. And not to toot my own here but I'm the bomb.com at baking (TOOT TOOT - that's my horn honking :P) This fall and winter I'm making it a point to become more of the cook in the household, even though I know Kev's meals will still probably be better. I need to learn how to do things more and really there are a lot of things I'd like to try to eat. I guess I can find through the "joys" of the cooking just to get to the final product!

This fall I'd like to take on some of these things: 


I'm a big fan of anything easy, and that looks like it's just that. Plus delicious!! I'm not sure what the deal is with nuts in the fall time but they seem to go together. I'm definitely going to have to try this! 


Chili is a BIG staple of mine during the cooler months, and I usually like to dig in during the fall. My mom gave me her recipe, and I think like most everyone would say about their mom's chili...my mom's is the best! You know you say it! I also like any other soups!


These are pumpkin donuts! YUM! I plan on focusing a lot of my baked goods this year to pumpkin. Pumpkin donuts, pumpkin truffles, pumpkin cookies of some kind. You get the point.

Kev's favorite and it's becoming mine. One thing that I absolutely love during the fall. We stock up as much as we can, while we can. This stuff goes quick! 


This is a whiskey hot toddy. Never had one, but I'm down for trying it. I want to broaden my hot drinks list, but it seems like most of the new hot drinks are going to contain alcohol. Whatever works I guess :) 


Another goal of mine. Use the crock pot. These look awesome and very fallish!

Mexican Bean Dip!

Poppers :)

Pizza roll
Source: tidymom.net via Megan on Pinterest


Of course you can't forget about the tailgating food! This is my kind of spread - remember I told you I'm a snacker - I love making these little foods and for the most part they aren't to bad. I'm hoping to find a great new recipe to start taking places with me. I have yet to find the one thing, but I'm ready to try to make some new things for the frans :D 

What do you eat in the fall? Anything special or just the same ole things? Link up & let us know! 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover