Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge: Day 4

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge
Day number 4 of the blog challenge and we are moving right along. 

Today's topic: Fall Decorating 

So I will say that I do not have a lot of generic fall decoration as of yet. This year I plan to change that, and really it will be baby steps since I can't afford everything I would want to do. I do know one thing I am definitely starting to do this year and that is the tradition of pumpkins everywhere at fall time for as started by Kev's family. If you recall from two posts ago the Pumpkin Show is held in Round Town and city pride is something very much that his Grandma is into. I like carrying on traditions when possible and makes sense for Kevin and I to continue. Pumpkins seem easy enough & I do like them! 

The one thing I do like about fall and fall decoration is that you almost get to do it twice since there is Halloween & Thanksgiving. Of course you keep some stuff up the whole time, but anything Halloween specific should come down and as giving thanks goes up. 

This year I have gained some inspiration from that lovely addiction known as Pinterest. There is so much stuff on there for fall decorating :)

Source: etsy.com via Megan on Pinterest

Love this little bat! Love to get a couple to display for Halloween! 

Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest

I think this looks great and would be quite easy to do. We have a couch table behind our couch that would be a perfect display area for something like this. I've also found one that is the same thing only says Fall...why not do both? 
 
Source: curbly.com via Megan on Pinterest

Looks super easy. I adore the white pumpkin the splash of glitz & color. I have a feeling that I'll be decorating pumpkins instead of carving any. 


Wouldn't mind doing a little display of something on the porch this year. I think this is great and I know that I can find those candle holders at Home Goods for cheap! 

We have a mantel in our home that I would love to start to do more with when it comes to decorating. The problem with a mantel..you can decorate it so many different ways! I love all of these:
Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest

Source: None via Megan on Pinterest

I love these two for Halloween. Pretty different, but they both seem fairly simple as long as I can find all the fixing :)
 

My fall favorite! I love the candles in the fire place and the color scheme. It'd actually work well in my house. However, it's not my only option! 
Source: images.marthastewart.com via Megan on Pinterest
Source: hgtv.com via Megan on Pinterest

Sticking with the pumpkin theme I love these. One is a bit more done up, but I suppose it's just going to depend on what mood I'm in when shopping for these items :)

This post has me excited for decorating! However, I think my biggest question when it comes to seasonal decorating. When is the appropriate time to start displaying said seasonal items. I do NOT believe in putting anything out for Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Hello people Thanksgiving still exists to us. I personally love Thanksgiving so I dont' know why stores get into such a rush to forget about it! So when should I put Halloween stuff...probably should be done already huh?! Whoops. I smell a Sunday Funday activity!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover