Monday, August 29, 2011

One step closer

This weekend marked a pretty big weekend in the wedding countdown. It was my Columbus shower & bacholerette party, hosted by my amazing bridesmaids! They did an amazing job and I had an absolute blast. 
My lovely bridesmaids!
During the shower we got to play my favorite shower game, and really the only one I was willing to play. Sorry don't do the whole t.p. wedding dresses biz. Nothing against it, just not me. Anyways, this game consists of questions & bubble gum. I'm talking double bubble, so if you have any jaw issues, I suggest you not play. The girls asked Kevin a series of questions and I had to answer them like he would. He was asked things like: what is your favorite movie, what the was our first date, what was his first pet as a kid, etc. Well if I got the answer wrong I had to put a piece of gum in my mouth. Let me tell you I didn't do as well as I thought I would, but in my defense a lot of those questions were hard and could have had a lot of options for the answers. I ended up with a pretty huge wad of gum in my mouth, and it was pretty funny by the end.
Kinda gross, but you can see it was a pretty big piece of gum to have to chew!

I also ended up getting some amazing gifts from friends! I love and appreciate everything we have gotten so far! I could never thank anyone enough.
Got our Dyson! Woooo hooooo!
The bag that Lindz, Michelle, and Holly got us! How cute is that!
Now on to the Bacholerette Party! We made it easier on ourselves and any of those people who would have to come from out of town and made it the same night as the shower. I was lucky to be surrounded by some pretty amazing girls for such a special night for me. First, we had a Pure Romance party. For those of who do not know what Pure Romance is, it's a sex toy company and if you have never been to a sex toy party I highly suggest you do. Not necessarily so you can buy anything, but so you can get a good laugh in! Some of the things are absolutely insane and you wonder if anyone in their right mind would get these things, other things are actually quite normal and who knows you may need to stock up! Check out their website. 

Next we moved on to presents, and boy did I get some good ones!

Of course there was some lingerie/teddies whatever you'd like to call them. 
There was this guy, that I couldn't even figure out how to get it all right, just know that was very little to it and a lot of feathers! This could be interesting. 


There were more items, but I don't feel the need to share everything :) These are pretty personal after all!

The night moved on and it was out to dinner at Bar Louie! It was such a perfect night out weather wise, and I got to spend time with my friends! Couldn't ask for anything much better :) 

Mom & seester
My mom was at the entire thing! A lot of people, including her I think, was surprised that I invited my mom for the bacholerette party. My response, "Why not!". My mom is a ton of fun and she's my mom, I want her there for these big moments in my life. Granted she wasn't out the entire night with us, but having her there meant a lot to me and I had a great time with her when she was out!

Rachy & Ash!
Shy & Jenn (with a new hair cut!..check out her blog -Two Peas Teeny Pod)
I got to see some of my high school girl friends! It's pretty rare for me to get to see them. Mainly because I rarely go back to the home place. It's always great to see them, I had, and really still have, a solid group of girl friends from back home. I had so much fun with them and it seems like they all had a great time too, at least I hope so!

My twink Erica :) 

I have gotten to be good friends with some of the girls from Kevin's home town as well. Erica is one of them! Her and I are so similar and actually we look very similar as well. Just ask her hubs Brady who, one time, thought I was Erica...lol..he was a bit surprised when I whipped around and was not her! Anyways, I don't get to see this group of ladies as much as I want to, and sadly a couple of them were missing :( I had a great time with Erica though and I loved getting to spend more time with her! It seems like our schedules are always clashing, so I really appreciate her taking the time to be at my special day!

Team Bride!
Of course, I had the bridesmaids and the Columbus girls there as well. I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls to surround me that evening and will be standing next to me on the big day! Thank you girls for an amazing, unforgettable evening! 

 I even got to have some of the new family out. Kev's stepmom & sister got to come out to dinner. It means alot of me that I have gotten so close to Kevin's family and they wanted to be there for a special time for me as well. They are all a ton of fun, and completely supportive of Kevin and I. Despite all the name confusion (remember the 3 Megan's!) I consider myself to be a very lucky girl to get to call them my family!

After dinner we hit up a few bars in the Arena District. We danced (on the bar of course), we sang, no drama what-so-ever, and even had some extra entertainment when Miss Stephanie from iamStephanie, Blogging, and a good gal pal ever so nicely let a girl know that her dress was up and her "coochie" was out for the whole world to see (it's true, she did).

Idk why I'm kissing at this thing, the drink was something grape and tasted like Dimetapp. I suppose I thought it was a good idea at the time.
Ok I know I'm not on the bar, but I couldn't resist getting in this little cubby hole we found for awhile!
I had a great time and really couldn't have asked for things to go any better. Now I'm one step closer to becoming a Mrs. I can't believe how quickly the date is approaching. With weekends like the one I just had it makes me even more excited, thank you to everyone who made it such a memorable time for me!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover