Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Details, details, details (the cake topper edition)

Not to be confused with location, location, location. As promised more wedding talk from me :)  October is surely approaching...and quickly...very quickly... Anyways, we are getting down to the wire, the venue is booking, the attire fitted, and the invites are in (and soon going to be sent!!! there is no way we are 3 months out!). Now, it's time for the details, ya know, the little things that add a touch of charm here or a gives someone a little laugh there. First off  I hope that I don't forget to plan any of them! They are also the things that tend to slip your mind that is the temple of wedding planning. There is the cake topper, or do I want a cake topper? It's a guest book, or would I rather have a wishing jar? It's the...things you throw, blow, twirl, or shoot at people right after the ceremony, yeah I'll have this stuff but I don't always get it...I guess it's for fun right? 
Looks like a ton of fun =/
All of you who are married or have been married understand. There is a lot that goes into a wedding. More than people realize I believe. At least I know there is a lot more that I never thought about before I started with my own. I've had fun looking for some of the these things, I've also been very frustrated and never wanted to see a cake topper again! However, I thought sharing some of the fun things I've found and ideas that we are thinking off (nothing is set in stone yet!) would be a good thing and possible give me some perspective. I wouldn't even mind your opinion about some of these or if you have any fun ideas they are welcomed...I'd even say highly encouraged!  

Does anyone out there think that are are just entirely to many of anything wedding out there? Cake toppers are no different!  Kev and I are still up in the air about what to do...do we take the traditional route with figures, do we do objects instead of people? How about just doing a flower topper - that always looks nice...yeah, but what if you want a keepsake. The questions just keep coming. At this point you should know me. I've got several options for all of the above :) 
I have found a ton of custom made cake toppers on Etsy! Aren't these guys cute! I like the idea of customized...don't like the prices so much.
Traditional, but I think it's pretty and easy.
We saw these figurines a long time ago and I think Kev has wanted it ever since. It's pretty funny really, but I haven't been able to find any that look like us (hair wise). Does that even matter? Help!
Birds seem to be a really popular cake topper. The ones I've seen are cute, but we really don't have birds or anything even remotely like a bird incorporated into the wedding.  Nor do either one of us have a love for them. So is it still acceptable to have a bird cake topper?
These are one of my favorites! I think they are adorable, goes with the fall wedding, and Kev's from Cville home to the Pumpkin Show. How fitting right? Guess we will see!
There is this option. Pretty simple, straight forward, and neutral when it comes to a theme. I like it, I think I'd like a little more omfph to it, but that's just me :)
We can always go the flowers as a topper route. I think it looks nice, but I kind of like the idea of having something to keep. This obviously aren't our flowers but you get the jist.
Finally the monograms. There are a million options for these which I like, but I've already decided that we would need more than a big "O" up there, we'd probably have to do both K & M and that's just more money. Kind of doubt this is where we end up on cake toppers but it's a good idea!
So there it is - one of the many decisions Kev and I will be making in the next couple of months. Again, any ideas are welcomed/needed/encouraged! I did have fun looking through these and I thought I'd share some of the greatest that I came across while searching. Some of fun, some are funny, and some are just down right strange!


































Drunk cake toppers. I actually seen this more than I thought I would. It's kinda fun and kinda funny, but I also think it's weird. Why would you want you and your future hubs representation to be of the two of your sh*t faced with no recollection of what happened? Whatever I suppose.
You know I have to start the strange off right with this gem. WTH!

I think this is so cute!  Does not apply to myself or anyone I know but how unique without being way over the top!

If you know me you know I love Calvin & Hobbes! Adorable!!

I think this is funny & fun! I'm going to assume there is some kind of story behind it all but it's different!
Odd. I think that's the only word I can use with this. I've seen them used on The Knot in forest themed weddings. I get it, but it's still weird you're marrying a squirrel. Actually, there are all kinds of these so it doesn't have to be a squirrel - you have other options.  
I believe the theme was like Mobster. While the cake and toppers are cool but not sure I'd want some kind of fire-y, blood-y scene as my wedding cake. That's just my opinion though.
These are just fun! Robots do not make sense for us, but I definitely can see how couples would love these!

I know the feeling...maybe I should go with this one lol.





































Angry Birds. Love the game, and these are to cute. I'm still trying to figure out what the theme was or why this would apply to a couple so much...who knows!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover