Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Proud to be an American

Osama bin Laden is dead. America has been waiting for 10 years to hear those words, and they have finally been spoken. I can remember everything about September 11th, 2001. I was sitting in my freshman year Mrs. Smith's American History class talking to two of my friends. All of the sudden our principal comes running around the corner from the stairs and asks Mrs. Smith to come out into the hall. We didn't hear the conversation but it was clear once she came back in he had told her what had happened to the the first New York Trade Center building. She turned on the news and about 10 seconds later the second plane hit. I remember thinking What is the world is going on! How can this really be happening? Is this even real? It was real alright. So real it shook the entire country to it's core. No words can ever truly express how sorry we are for those who lost loved ones that day and the same goes from those who helped saved lives and risked their own that day and everyday in the military to keep us safe. Thank you to all of the troops overseas and here at home! Yesterday marked a day that will forever go down in history. Yesterday was the start of a new chapter for America as a whole. Yesterday I was reminded why I'm proud to be an American. 



No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover