Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go

Today marks the 107th birthday of Dr. Seuss. I think most people, at least around my age can agree that Dr. Seuss has had quite the influence on their life. I've never run into anyone who didn't know the Cat in the Hat or Green Eggs & Ham.  I'd have to say this man was a genius and he truly loved and understood the work he was doing. Oh, the Places You'll Go hit home as it was read at my high school graduation by a fellow classmate (as I'm sure most of you did as well, or maybe got it as a present). Dr. Seuss wasn't kidding when he told you (in so many words) that you will have decisions to make that will lead you down a certain path to where you want to go and you are going to make mistakes along the way. That you have to learn from those mistakes and keep on going. Thank you Dr. Seuss for your guidance and amazing stories that I can truly say inspire me as much now as an adult as when I was kid. 
Whenever anyone asks what my favorite quotes is I turn to this guy. So true.
Oh, the Place You'll Go
Who doesn't love to learn!
You learned to treat everyone as an equal regardless of how they look.
Learn from your experiences no matter what that outcome.
Always be you and true to yourself.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover