Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 18-Something you regret

I think this is always a tricky question. Who wants to say that they've done something they regret. No one because no one wants regret. No one wants to admit that they did or did not do something they absolutely should or should not have done. Honestly I'm not even sure if I believe in regret completely.  If nothing else you gain an experience from doing something that you shoud or should not have done. You learn your boundries, sometimes your friends, sometimes your families. Sometimes the things you do or say aren't good & in the end you pay for that. Sometimes the things you do awesome things that still end in "regret" because you didn't get to do something else. I'd have to say that I really don't have anything that I really regret. At least to the magintude that I think back about it all the time and wish it would have been different. Yes, I've said things that I did not mean and instantly regretted it. However, I'm lucky enough to have the friends & family I have that are willing to forgive me. Yes, I haven't done things I wish I had - go on that trip, etc - but I've gotten to experience many things and still have time to experience more. I hope I can live my entire life without any major regrets. I do have a fool proof plan to help make sure that that doesn't happen - take every opportunity that is best for you & your family (notice I didn't say every opportunity that came my way) and to learn how to hold my tongue (ahhh the challenging part).  I hope none of your have any major regrets. Maybe you should turn it into a learning experience and not something to dwell on.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover