Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 4-Your parents

Ah the parents. I feel as if this is something people really don't get asked often enough about. The parents are the start of a home, no matter what your situation is without your parents you wouldn't be here and I'd say that's something to be thankful for.

Starting with my dad. My dad has always been the provider for our family, he's an ambitious
guy and when he puts his mind to something he does it. Usually very well - otherwise what's the point? I think what you can say about my dad is that my sister, or I are not "daddy's girls" but rather "he's a daughters guy". There isn't anything that he would not do for me and my sister! My dad is always the one pushing me, questioning me, and backing me up no matter what. I'm always been told I'm a lot like him when it comes to my determination, ambition, and stubbornness. I take every single one as a compliment. I'd say having the traits of a man who is a successful business person, healthy, determined, and a well liked man in the community. He's a man of many experiences and interests. I feel as though he's constantly opening himself up to new opportunities and challenges (he's currently training for a triathlon!). Finally I'd like to really applaud my dad for putting up with 3 girls for a good portion of his life and not going insane. I can't imagine raising 2 girls as a man is an easy task. I applaud all you dads son's or daughters, but daughters are a whole different level than sons! Congrats dad – you’ve survived and although you are far from done with us I hope to not put you through my crazy middle/high school moods ever again J

On to the mama. As my dad was the provider my mom was the home maker. I was lucky enough to have my mom be a stay at home mom as I grew up. Knowing that she was always around was a great relief to me – even if she didn’t always know that. My mom pushes me in a whole different way than my dad. She usually can get me to think about things in a different light, and that’s definitely something I appreciate the older I get. As I’ve been told I’m like my dad is ways I’ve also been told I’m very similar to my mother. Those similarities would come in the form of words and emotions.  I’d also say that I got my loyalty from her. We are both people that will not tolerate people we love being treated poorly or ourselves for that matter. My mom always had a patience with us as kids (which I know we tested daily, just ask her about “being on the phone”). She was definitely the glue of the family – pick us up from school, sports, friends, making dinner, cleaning the house, doing laundry, and having her own social life were just a few of the things she did for us. Because of my mom I’ve already decide that I’d like to be a stay at home mom. I want to be there for my kids like she was there for us!

Both of my parents have always been there for me. Both of them have taught me things as a person that no one else in my life could have taught me. My parents have always told me to be a confident person, that I have a lot to offer the world around me and have self respect. They have always let me know that they will support me right or wrong. My life has been full of love. Always having my parents there for me has been a blessing and something I will cherish for my whole life. They have been married for 27 years now and I’ve also lucky to say I have a wonderful relationship to look up to as I get closer to being a Mrs! I know I don’t tell them nearly enough but I greatly appreciate everything you have done and do for me mom & dad. Thank you for the wonderful life, and I’m exciting to go through many more life experiences with you guys by my side! - From The Queen J


Dad's 30th birthday party! Almost one year of marriage!
 
On their honeymoom - 27 years ago!
  
And here they are now :)

1 comment:

Mary Brown said...

I have enjoyed your blogs. I am having a great time doing this. Thanks for the push!!!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover